The frustration of having a CQC inspection is overwhelming! We are pleased that all our customers who had a CQC inspection have passed.
In addition to being in the business since 2009, helping these customers prepare for and successfully pass the inspection has given us the needed experience to deal with all future interventions.
We have effectively been in contact with CQC and DBS services, we now know the full requirements they set out for practices who are regulated by their services.
Here are some tips as regards the cleanliness of the surgery:
- All persons in contact with patients, however small, must be DBs checked
- The cleaning schedules must be signed daily by cleaners
- All coshh information should be available in the storage room of cleaning products
- Cleaners must be trained to avoid cross contamination
- Practice nurses should clean their own equipment and have a schedule for this
Preparing for a CQC inspection demands much more than this. It is advisable to have a deep clean of the premises prior to the visit in order to ensure that nothing is missed.
Here at Medical Cleaning Limited, we offer a free deep clean to all surgeries who sign up for a 1 year contract with us.